'Tis done! This quilt ended up with the 9 blocks marinating for a while whilst I decided on how to join them. I had originally intended to add in 2.5 or 3" sashing between the blocks to give it a bit of weight (I was still worried it was too crazy, with not enough places - or calm - to rest one's eye), but I was running perilously short on the green at this stage (Kona Green Tea) and so I tossed up the idea of using a slightly darker green Kona (Tarragon was what I had to hand) rather than ordering more online and needing to wait (there are no quilt stores anywhere around here, nevermind ones that stock Kona solids!). I ended up using the last of my Green Tea, and managed to eke out enough sashing - it sits between the other 2 widths, sizewise. After my initial uncertainty, I really like the finished quilt (Phew!)
I used the remaining bits of the jelly roll to piece a row across the back to interrupt the taupe cotton-linen that I bought (6m of!) 2 years ago and have been slowly using up - this is just about the last of it!
Wouldn't you know it, but today was miserable, dark, wet and overcast, so I raced outside between showers to try and get a few pics for you, but forgive the less-than-salubrious washing line setting!
I'm particularly pleased with my label:
This is yet another quilt made entirely from my stash, so I'm feeling terribly virtuous. And in the spirit of *using what I have*, I confess the batting was intended to be my new design wall, so I guess I need to go and replace that so I can actually put the darn thing up on the wall, ha!!!
I'm particularly pleased with how the quilting came out - I had originally intended to do diagonal cross hatching, but was loving the look of the diagonal straight lines by halfway through so I figured I'd stick with that...the fact it cut the quilting by 50% had nothing to do with it at all, ha! (oh, and I used Aurifil thread for the first time on this - awesome sauce!!!! I am in love)
The LARB Quilt Specs:
(almost) 64 x 64" square
Top fabrics: Anne Kelle's Remix jelly roll, and Kona Green Tea
Backing fabrics: cotton/linen blend (generic - intended for dressmaking!) and Anne Kelle's Remix.
Binding: a (very) old quilting cotton that has been in my stash for many years...and no selvedge details, I'm sorry!