Again with the unexplained absences. Sorry about that. This past week...
1. After a very late night visit to A&E at the weekend I am now the proud owner of a diagnosis of walking pneumonia. And a double ear infection.
2. Walking pneumonia is nowhere near as much fun as it sounds.
3. Neither are ear infections, come to think of it.
4. My MIL came (from NZ) to stay for part of last week enroute to stay with a friend on the Gold Coast.
5. We didn't get to do most of what I'd planned for us to do (either for the kids on school holidays or whilst MIL was here) on account of my lack-of-health. Ugh.
6. Immy read me half a dozen books with only very occasional help with words from me, including The Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop and Hairy Maclairy. Not bad after just one term...I think she's taking to this reading lark.
7. I also walked in on her trying to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Mwahaha, she is so my girl!
8. Cole has figured out his 10 times table as well as 2, 3, 4 and 5. By himself. I love playing with numbers with him.
9. He also really loves Man v Wild (or Survival guy as it's known in our house) and it came out yesterday that he'd peed in a bottle and tasted it after seeing Bear Grylls. Awesome. He happily informed me he spat it out and rinsed his mouth out to get rid of the taste.
10. Cole and I had a chat about how prinking your pee should always be regarded as a last option before dying of dehydration.
11. Immy took issue with my anatomical references. An internal organ left behind by a cat who'd feasted on a mouse was a lover, not a liver, she insisted. I have a feeling that word will stick in the Campbell family vocab!
12. Not for the first time, I cursed the day the cats discovered their previously latent hunting instincts.
13. Cole and Immy started back at school on Tuesday for term 2.
14. Poor Cole declared he didn't want to go. He also declared he loved school and especially playing with his friends; he just hated leaving me. (that wrenching sound is my heart, ha!)
15. Cole tried to talk me into being a schoolteacher. I tried to explain that I wasn't qualified for the job and that if I retrained, by the time I was able to become a teacher, he'd be beyond Kindergarten. He didn't buy it.
16. I was riculously tickled that it hasn't occurred yet to Coley that he might not always want me hanging around.
17. We all had a day off at home today for Anzac day.
18. Explaining war to small children is hard work. And heart breaking.
19. I was reminded yet again about how much more sensible the world would be if we adults adopted the moral viewpoint of children.
20. My laptop and camera stopped talking to each other. I'm hoping to get that resolved in the next day or so...bit hard to share pics of the things I want to share with you!
21. We had fish and chips. And they were good!
22. I got a job. eek.
23. I start tomorrow. It's just a temporary placement in an admin role to cover for someone who is going overseas for 7 weeks. 4 days a week during school hours. But, it will be fun to get back in an office for a little while and the pennies will be very welcome!
24. I stayed up way too late the night before my first day of work, ha!